- Stocks Drop On November 27, 2023, As The Rally Stalls Out
Stocks fell slightly on Monday November 27, 2023 as momentum appear to be fading.
- Stocks May Be Ready To Give Back November Gains As Financial Conditions Ease Too Much
It may be time for the Fed to push back on the recent easing of financial conditions with Powell due to speak on December 1.
- Stocks Stall On November 21, 2023, As Systematic Flows Abate
Stocks stalled out on November 21, 2023 as the systematic flows abate.
- Stocks Rally On November 20, 2023 Ahead of The Fed Minutes And Nvidia’s Results
Stocks rallied on November 20, 2023 ahead of the Fed Minutes and Nvidia quarterly results.
- Nvidia’s Results Are More Important Than Most Investors Want To Believe
The bulls option flow may be what undoes Nvidia’s results.
- Stocks Are Weaker Than They Appear Ahead Of November OPEX
Stocks finished higher on November 16, 2023, but they were weaker then they appeared to be.
- Stocks Stall As Yield Curve Normalization Process Takes Another Step Forward
Stocks stalled on November 15, as the yield curve continues to show signs of normalization.
- Stocks Advance As Rates Plunge Following A Soft CPI Report
Stocks rallied on November 14, 2023 as CPI and CORE CPI came in softer than expected.
- The Stage Is Set For The Big CPI Report On November 14, 2023
Tomorrow’s CPI report could reshape the narrative around the inflation debate.
- The CPI and OPEX Will Drive The Stock Market The Week of November 13, 2023
Between OPEX and Tuesday’s CPI report, the week of November 13, 2023 will be a busy one for the stock market.
- Stocks Plunge Following A Horrific 30-Year Bond Auction
Stocks fell sharply after the 30-year Treasury auction had horrific results.
- Stocks Stall As Options Positioning Puts Ceiling In Place
Stocks stall again as the 4,400 call wall remains firm.
- Disconnects Between Stocks, Bonds, The Dollar, and Vol Widen
Stocks finished the day higher, but seem contained as long as the call wall remains.
- It Is Fantasy Time In The Land Of The Stock Market
Stocks finished flat on November 6, 2023 as we head into a busy week of Treasury Issuance, as investors see nothing but blue skies ahead.
- Will The Stock Market Rally Survive This Week’s Treasury Auctions?
It will be a week to watch the 1PM ET time slot.
- Stocks Mount Third Rally of 4% Or More Over 4 Days Since Mid July
Stocks rallied and now up about 5% since Friday.
- Mechanical Volatility Melt Sends Stocks Higher On November 1, 2023
Stocks rose on November 1, 2023 after the FOMC meeting as implied volatility melted as it usually does after these meetings.
- Stocks May Be Ready To Take Their Next Leg Lower Amid Higher Rates And A Stronger Dollar
Stocks rally on October 31, ahead of a big day of announcements.
- Stocks Advance Ahead Of A Big Week of Newsflow
The newsflow kicks off tonight with the BOJ.
- This Week’s Data Dump May Lead To More Stock Market Pain
Stocks are finally repricing for a higher rate world.
- Stock May Underperform Bonds Going Forward
The stock markets outperformance over bonds may be due for a harsh dose of reality.
- Stocks May Have Even Further To Drop, With More Rate Volatility To Come
Stocks tumble as rates soar.
- The Magnificent 7 May Be In Serious Trouble
The magnificent 7 may be in serious trouble as a group as triple top falls to support.
- Stocks Drop As Powell Delivers Vague Message On The Future Path Of Monetary Policy
Stocks dropped sharply on October 19, 2023 as Jay Powell deliver a vague message on the future path of policy.
- Too Much To Handle For Stocks As Rates Continue To Rise
Stocks were roasted on October 18, 2023, as rates continue to push higher and are now approaching 5% on the long-end of the curve.
- Rising Rates Put Stocks On Roller Coaster Ride October 17, 2023
Stocks were down, they were up, then down, and then flat as rates went up all day long.
- Stocks and Bonds Go Their Separate Ways On October 16, 2023
Stocks went up, and bonds went down on October 16, 2023, but it’s a trend that probably won’t last.
- Jay Powell And A 20-Year Treasury Auction Are Likely To Stir Market Volatility The Week of October 16, 2023
There won’t be much economic data this week, but Jay Powell will speak, and there will be a 20-year Treasury Auction.
- Stocks Plunge As Rates Soar Following A Weak Treasury Auction on October 12, 2023
Stocks took a big turn lower around 1PM ET when the 30-year Treasury auction posted weak results.
- Stocks Rally Ahead Of The September CPI Report
Stocks moved higher ahead of the September CPI report.
- Stocks Advance On October 10, 2023, But Fail At Key Resistance
Stocks rallied on October 10, 2023, but gave back a bunch of those gains after a weak Treasury auction.
- Mechanical Forces That Saved Stocks Following Jobs Report Is Not Likely To Last
Stocks were saved by the mechanical unwind of implied volatility following the job report.
- Stocks May Fall Further With More Yield Curve Steepening Ahead
Markets paused ahead of the big jobs report, but that isn’t like to change much if the yield curve continues to steepen.
- Stocks Rally And Rates Drop But Trends Remain In Place
Stocks rallied on October 4 as rates fall, but very little if anything actually changed.
- Stocks Finally Break On October 3, 2023, As The 30-Year Rate Nears 5%
The S&P 500 fell sharply on October 3, 2023 and took the summer rally with it.
- Rates Continue To Move Higher
Rates continued to move higher on October 2, and the dollar did too, while the S&P 500 managed to finish flat.
- It’s A Steepening Yield Curve That Investors Should Be Worried About, And It’s Happening Now
It isn’t when the yield curve inverts that one should worry, it is when it steepens.
- Stocks Jump Higher On September 28 Despite Rising Inflation Expectations
Stocks jumped higher on September 28, 2023 as rates finally stopped rising, at least for now.
- Stocks Bounce Around On September 27 As Rate and Oil Surge, Again!
Stocks bounced around September 27, 2023 and rates and oil continued to surge.
- Stocks Plunge on September 26, 2023, As Rates Climb Even Higher
30-year rates continued to climb on September 26, 2023, as the stock market summer gains melted away.
- Rates Soar To New Heights on September 25, 2023
10 and 30-year Treasury rates rip to new highs on September 25, 2023 while the options crowd pushed stocks higher.
- The Stock Market Decline May Not Be Over As Credit Spreads Begin To Widen
Stocks experienced a significant decline last week, and the situation remains precarious as credit spreads are anticipated to broaden even more.
- Rates Explode Higher On September 21 Tanking Stocks, But Now Its Time To Watch Spreads
Stocks fell sharply on September 21, 2023 as rates reached new cycle highs across the yield curve.
- The Stock Market Bet Wrong On Fed Rate Cuts
The stock market was betting the Fed would aggressively cut rates in 2024, that isn’t likely to happen.
- Stocks Slump and Rates Surge Ahead Of The Key Fed Meeting
Stocks fell some on September 19, 2023 as the 5-year and 10-year rate rose to their levels since 2007 ahead of tomorrow Fed announcement..
- A Big Week Lies Ahead For The Stock Market With The Fed On Deck
It will be a big week for stocks now that options expiration is over and the FOMC meeting is up next.
- The Stock Market Rally May Be Over
The summer rally in stocks has succumb to higher oil, rates, and a stronger dollar.
- The S&P 500 May Be Heading Back to 4,100 as Rates, Oil, and the Dollar Head Higher
The sun has set on the summer and now it is time for the markets to go back to work.
- This May Be The One Of The Biggest Weeks Of The Year For The Stock Market
There will be a load of economic data this week that could make it one of the most of important weeks of 2023, ahead of the labor day weekend!
- The Stock Market’s Bull Run Appears To Be Over As Flows Turn Bearish
Volatility in the stock market may pick up the week of August 21, 2023 ahead of Nvidia’s big results.
- Higher Rates and A Stronger Dollar Will Mean Stocks Continue To Fall
Stocks face big headwinds the week of August 14, 2023.
- The Unwind Of A Volatility Trade May Cause Stocks To Fall Further The Week of August 7, 2023
The unwind of a big volatility trade may be behind this week’s stock market drop and may lead to a further decline.
- Rising Rates Threaten The Stock Market Rally
There will be a lot of economic data the week of July 31, which could push rates significantly higher threatening the stock market rally.
- The Most Important Week Of The Summer Is Here
Earnings and Central bank meeting will make the week of July 24, 2023 the busiest of the summer for the stock market.
- Option Expiration and Earnings Will Be Big Factors Driving Stocks The Week of July 17, 2023
The week of July 17, 2023 will feature big earnings reports and July Opex.
- The Stock Market Bet On Rates Falling, It Bet Wrong
Stocks bet on rates falling, and that looks like the wrong choice at this point.
- Stocks May Suffer With Rates On The Cusp Of A Surge Higher
The week of July 3, will be a big week for economic data.
- Stocks Could Head Lower The Week of June 26
The week of June 26 will be the final week of the second quarter and will feature two more Jay Powell appearances.
- The Divergence Between Stocks and Bonds Widens
6/18/23 Mike’s Reading The Markets (RTM) Premium Content – $70 per month or $600 per year – First two weeks are free to try! The Final Piece? RTM Lite: Squeeze Into …
- A Pivotal Week For the Stock Markets Lies Ahead
This will be a pivotal week for the markets with CPI on Tuesday, the June FOMC meeting on Wednesday, the ECB on Thursday, and the BOJ and US options expiring on Friday.
- Can The Bulls Really Achieve Escape Velocity?
The stock market moved above resistance level but is now entering extremely overbought territory.
- The Debt Ceiling Deal May Be A “Sell The News” Event
It seems that the recent rally into mega-cap may be nothing more than a flight to safety.
- The Bulls Are Still Trapped Below 4,200 on The S&P 500
The bulls are still going to have a tough moving higher as long as the call wall remains at 4,200 on the S&P 500.
- The Stock Market Bull Run May Be Over
The bulls may be finished as Jay Powell comes to the plate on Friday morning.
- 5 STOCK MARKET PREDICTIONS- THE WEEK OF MAY 8, 2023 EDITION
5/7/23 #STOCKS – $GOOGL, $META, $700 HK #MACRO – $SPX, $NDX Mike’s Reading The Markets (RTM) Premium Content – $70 per month or $600 per year – First two weeks are …
- 8 Stock Market Predictions – The Week of April 24, 2023, Edition
The week of April 24, 2023, will be busy with economic data and earnings.
- Options Expiration And Earnings Could Provide A Huge Turning Point For Stocks The Week of April 17, 2023
The week of April 17, 2023, will feature vix expiration, options expirations, and earnings from companies like Netflix (NFLX) and Tesla (TSLA).
- This Week’s CPI Report Could Seal The Deal On The Next Big Rate Hike
4/9/23 #STOCKS – $KRE, $CAT, $NVDA #MACRO – $SPX, $NDX, #RATES Mike’s Reading The Markets (RTM) Premium Content – $70 per month or $600 per year – First two weeks are …
- The Stock Market Rally May Fizzle The Week of April 3, 2023
Stocks rose sharply last week, but the market looks overbought and driven by rotations and systematic flows, not fundamentals.
- Here’s Why The Fed Is Likely To Raise Rates The Week of March 20, 2023
The Fed is likely to continue raising rates to combat inflation during the week of March 20, 2023.
- 6 Stock Market Thoughts – The Week of March 13, 2023, Edition
The week of March 15, 2023, will be filled with plenty market moving headlines.
- 7 Stock Market Predictions – The Week of March 6, 2023 Edition
Get ready for a lot of volatility over the next three weeks.
- Market Forecaster: Stocks May Drop Further As Rates Rise- The Week of February 27, 2023 Edition
Stocks may fall further the week of February 27, 2023, as rates and the dollar push higher.
- The PCE Report Could Provide Fireworks For The Market- The Week of February 21, 2023 Edition
The week of February 20 may be short, but the Fed minutes and the PCE report could provide the stock market with plenty of fire works.
- Stock Market Forecast: A Hot CPI Report Is Possible For The Week of February 13, 2023
The week of February 13 could be a big week for the markets, with a CPI report coming on Tuesday.
- Stocks May Have Reached A Turning Point In The Bear Cycle
Two distinct cycles are running in the S&P 500 and the NDX that marked previous highs and lows, and they suggest a may now be in place and VIX may be heading higher too.
- The Stock Market Forecast: The Tides May Be Turning The Week of February 6, 2023
Rates and the dollar ripped following the hotter-than-expected job reports, and financial conditions may be set to tighten in the coming weeks.
- Economic Data, Earnings, and The Fed Could Sink Stocks The Week of January 30, 2023
Stocks could sink the week of January 30, 2023, as economic data, earnings, and the Fed collide.
- 6 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of January 23, 2023, Edition
There will be no Fed speakers this week, but plenty of economic data to move the markets around.
- 6 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of January 17, 2023 Edition
January 17, 2023, will be a busy week with options expiring, Fed speak, and earnings are kicking into a higher gear.
- 6 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of January 9, 2023 Edition
The week of January 9, 2023, will feature Jay Powell, the CPI report, and results from JPMorgan, Bank of America, and Citigroup.
- 7 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of January 3, 2023 Edition
The week of January 3, 2023, will be an epic data dump that includes the December FOMC minutes.
- 10 Monster Stock Market Predictions for 2023
2023 could be much worse than 2022 as the bear market continues to move forward and rates push even higher.
- 6 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of December 19, 2022, Edition
The week of December 19, 2022, will be filled with economic data and Treasury auctions, so that it will be anything but slow.
- 8 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of December 12, 2022, Edition
The Week of December 12, 2022, will feature a CPI report, 3 central bank rate decisions, and a 10-year and 30-year US auction; it will be busy, to say the least.
- Stocks Break Key Trend Lines on December 6, 2022
Stocks fell sharply on December 6, 2022, for a second day, resulting in the S&P 500 breaking two critical trend lines.
- 8 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of December 5, 2022 Edition
The week of December 5, 2022, will be filled with a ton of important economic data that could suggest a US recession is near.
- Stocks Rally As Powell Takes Huge Gamble On Financial Conditions Easing Further
Stocks rallied as Powell says nothing new causing a dovish pivot.
- Stocks Take Cover On November 29, 2022
It was a quiet day of trading as investors gear up for Powell on November 30.
- Stocks Drop On November 28, 2022, As The Markets Prepare For Powell
Stocks dropped sharply on November 28, 2022 as the markets prepare for Jay Powell on Wedensday.
- 7 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of November 28, 2022 Edition
The week of November 28, 2022, will be jammed with economic data, and highlighted by Jay Powell on Wedensday.
- Stocks Rally On November 23, 2022 Despite Hawkish Fed Minutes Calling For Rates
Stocks appear to be gearing up for higher volatility coming soon.
- Stocks Rally On November 22, 2022, Ahead of the Fed Minutes Tomorrow
Stocks finished November 22, 2022, higher as the VIX and the Dollar sank.
- Stocks Drop On November 21, 2022 As The Dollar Rallies
Stocks posted modest declines on November 21, 2022, as the dollar rebounded and the euro fell.
- 7 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of November 21, 2022, Edition
The week of November 21, 2022, will be a short one but filled with plenty of news events.
- Stocks Drop On November 17, 2022, As The Dollar Moves Higher
Stocks dropped on Thursday, November 17, 2022, as the dollar pushed higher.
- Stocks Drop On November 16, 2022 Following Blistering Retail Sales Data
Stocks dropped on November 16, 2022, following a hotter-than-expected retail sales data.
- The November Market Rally Is Starting To Look Like The August One
Stocks tried to rally on November 15, 2022 but finished well below their highs.
- Stocks Fail To Climb Through Critical Resistance on November 14, 2022
The stock market hit a brick wall on November 14, 2022.
- 7 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of November 14, 2022, Edition
The doves may take flight the week of November 14, 2022, and spread their wings. Or maybe not…