- Stocks Rise On October 25, With The Dollar Not Far Behind
Stocks rise on October 25, thanks in part to Tesla.
- 6 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of October 25, 2021 Edition
The week of October 25 will be jammed packed with significant earnings. We give you thoughts on AMD, FB, and GE.
- MMC Video: The Recent Stock Market Rally May Be A Bull Trap
This week we explore the latest trends in the stock market and why the recent rally may be a bull trap. Plus why the market is not ready for a Fed taper.
- Stocks Rally On October 21 But Earnings Disappoint
The S&P 500 managed to eke out a record close on October 21, but earnings from Intel, Snap, and Chipolte tell a different tale.
- Stocks Rise On October 20 To A Critical Level Of Resistance
Stocks rose on October 20 to a very important resistance level on the S&P 500.
- So Much For Turnaround Tuesday As Stocks Rally On October 19
Turnaround Tuesday turned out to be a bust.
- Stocks Rise On October 18 Ahead of a Big Turnaround Tuesday
Stocks increased on October 18 following through from last weeks strong finish, but tomorrow is turnaround Tuesday.
- 7 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of October 18, 2021 Edition
The week of October 18 will be a big test for the bulls to keep the momentum going.
- MMC VIDEO: Will Volaility Sellers Save The Stock Market?
The VIX index has been starting to head lower again, but it will need to keep falling for the S&P 500 to make a new high
- Stocks Rally On October 14 Ahead of Option Expiration, For Now At Least
Stocks rallied on October 14 ahead of a big options expiration on Friday.
- Stocks Rebounded On October 13 But Something Seems Really Off
Something rebounded on October 13, but it was a reasonably pathetic showing.
- Stocks Drop On October 12 With More Trouble On The Horizon
Stocks finished October 12 slightly lower, but reports of Apple cutting iPhone production won’t help tomorrow.
- Stocks Dive On October 11 As Market Dynamics Change Rapidly
Something has changed in this market since the beginning of September.
- 8 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of October 11, 2021 Edition
The week of October 11, 2021, may be anything but scenic and serene.
- MMC Video – September Job Report Changes Nothing As Stocks Continue On Path Lower
The September job report was a mixed bag, but it was good enough to give the Fed what is needed to start the tapering process.
- Stocks Rip Then Dip On October 7, But This Time You Can’t Blame The VIX
The bulls returned on October 7, sort of, as stocks ripped higher only to melt into the close.
- Stocks Dip Then Rip On October 6 As The Roller Coaster Continues
Stocks slumped, then jumped on hopes of a debt ceiling extension, I guess…
- Stocks Rip Higher On October 5 As The VIX Dumps, For Now
Stocks ripped higher on October 5, rebounding in from yesterday’s steep decline.
- Stocks Fall Sharply On October 4 As Fundamental Shifts Begin To Take Shape
Stocks drop on October 4 as fundamental shifts come to the surface.
- 7 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of October 4 Edition
We take a look at where the market might be headed the week of October 4 and 5 stocks to watch.
- MCM Video – The Stock Market Drop May Have Only Started
The S&P 500 fell sharply in September and there may be a very good reason why.
- Stocks Drop On September 30 – The Fun Has Merely Begun
Stocks fell hard on September 30 to finish the month on a low note.
- Stock Rip Then Dip On September 29 As The Inflation Killer Breaks Loose
Stocks ripped and dipped on September 29 as the dollar is unleashed.
- Stocks Plunge As A New Reality Begins to Set In
Stocks plunge as the reality of a more hawkish Fed begins to set in.
- Stocks Drop On September 7 As Yields Surge Higher And Algo’s Take Over
Stocks fell on September 27 despite the reflation names putting in a good day.
- 7 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of September 27 Edition
We will find out the week of September 27 if the recent move higher was the start of the next leg higher or just a corrective wave in a downtrend.
- MMC Video: Buy The Dip Or Mechanical Rip? Why The Market Is Surging
For the week ending September 24, we explore the reasons behind this week’s volatility.
- Stocks Rips Higher On September 23 As Volatility Gets Crushed
Stocks ripped on September 23, everything is fine, right?!
- Stocks Are Dazed And Confused As The Taper Comes Soon
Stocks were dazed and confused following the FOMC meeting, while bonds and the dollar understood the message loud and clear.
- The Stock Market May Be About To Relive The Fourth Quarter of 2018 All Over Again
Stocks finished the day lower as they gear up for the big FOMC meeting on September 22.
- Stocks Drop Sharply On September 20 As The 50-Day-Moving-Average Is Shattered
Stocks plunged on September 20 as China-worries take hold.
- 8 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of September 20 Edition
The week of September 20 will be a big week for investors as they wait for the FOMC meeting to conclude on September 22.
- Stocks Will Be Unleashed On Friday September 17
Stocks will be released from their tight trading range when index options expire on the September 17 opening.
- Stocks Rebound On September 15 But Big Risks Lie Ahead
Stocks finished the day higher, but there is plenty to think about in the days ahead.
- Stocks Fall On September 14 As The Market Prepares For 2 Big Events
Stocks fell on September 14 as the market braces for options expiration and the FOMC meeting.
- Stocks Finish Mixed Ahead of Key Inflation Data
Stocks seemed to be out of sorts on September 13, lacking any clear sense of direction.
- Will Slower Growth and Tightening Financial Conditions Sink Stocks?
VIDEO – Growth rates are slowing as the economy is moderating, just as the Fed is about to taper its asset purchase. Will this spell trouble for stocks?
- 8 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of September 13, 2021 Edition
The best set-up for a big pullback may finally be here.
- Stocks Will Drive For Five On September 10
The S&P 500 fell for the fourth day in a row in its drive for five.
- Stocks Drop On September 8 As A Shift In Risk Sentiment May Be Approaching
There are clear signs showing risk-taking may have peaked in the equity market.
- Stocks Slump On September 7 As Slowing Growth Becomes A Reality
Goldman Sachs cut its third-quarter GDP growth forecast, with more to follow.
- The Strong August Job Report Will Not Derail A Fed Taper
The August job report was much stronger than it appeared on the surface, and we explain why it will probably not derail a Fed taper of QE.
- 6 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of September 7
For this week of September 7 we review the jobs report and ISRG, DBD, NFLX, CMCSA, UBER
- Stocks Pop Then Flop On September 1 As VIX Stabilizes
Stocks jumped higher on monthly inflow day, only to give all back by the close.
- The Stock Market Doesn’t Seem The Slightest Bit Concerned About What Lies Ahead
The Fed and ECB may both be on the tapering path very soon.
- Stocks Are Now Overbought And Ready To Pull Back on August 31
The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ 100 hit overbought levels on August 30 based on their RSI and Bollinger Bands.
- What Lies Ahead For The Stock Market The Week of August 30
STOCKS – ZM, SQ, AAPL, MACRO – SPY, IEF, DXY, VIX Mike’s Reading The Markets (RTM) Premium Content – PRICES RISING ON SEPTEMBER 7 TO $45/MONTH FROM $35 OR $400/YEAR …
- Will They Or Won’t They Taper, We May Find Out Tomorrow
Stocks fell one day ahead of what is expected to be the big announcement on tapering.
- The Stock Market Is Like A Sea Of Tranquility Waiting To Be Stirred
The stock market grinds higher as volume deteriorates and internals weakens.
- Stocks Rise On August 24 On Fed Smoke Signals
Stocks have been rising as the market interprets the venue change at this week’s Jackson Hole meeting as bullish.
- Stocks Rise On August 23 As Fears Of Fed Taper Ease, But Should They?
Stocks rise on August 23 as fears of the Fed taper ease, but that may be the entirely wrong call.
- 8 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of August 22 Edition
Some noticeable trends are growing quite concerning and will need to be watched the week of August 22.
- Stocks Are Little Changed On August 19 As Options Expiration Comes Tomorrow
Stocks were little changed on August 19 ahead of a big monthly options expiration tomorrow.
- Stocks Drop On August 18 As Taper Worries Finally Begin
Stocks dropped for the second day in a row following the latest FOMC minutes, which pointed towards a tapering of asset purchases.
- Stocks Drop On August 17 As The Outlook Grows More Ominous
Stocks dropped on August 17 as the outlook for stocks grows more ominous.
- Stocks Fall Then Rise Ahead Of Powell
Jay Powell is expected to talk on Tuesday, August 17, in what could prove to be a trial balloon for the Fed’s next move.
- 8 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of August 16 Edition
The week of August 16 could bring some pre-Jackson Hole fireworks with Jay Powell speaking on Tuesday and the Fed Minutes on Wednesday.
- Stocks Are Starting To Turn Lower But The Cycle Is Not Complete Yet
The S&P 500 continues to churn, but the NASDAQ appears to have a different story to tell.
- The Stock Market Is Ready To Take A Major Turn
A bearish technical pattern has formed which suggests a move lower should come shortly.
- 7 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of August 9 Edition
If last week was all about the employment report, then the week of August 9 will be all about inflation.
- Stocks Jump On August 5 Ahead Of The Big Jobs Report
Stocks rose on August 5 ahead of the big jobs reports, and why next the index has moved up sharply following the
- Stocks and Oil Drop Following The Weak Job Report
The ADP job report missed estimates, but that doesn’t mean that Friday’s BLS job report will be bad
- The VIX Gets Crushed Fueling The Stock Markets Advance on August 3
Stocks jumped on August 3 as the VIX drops sharply, helping to fuel the rally.
- Stocks Pop, Then Drop Following Weaker ISM Data
Stocks rose sharply to start the day on August 2 to give it all back and more following the weaker ISM data.
- 9 Monster Stock Market And Earnings Predictions – The Week of August 2 Edition
The week of August 2 will be slower from an earnings standpoint, but busier from an economic one.
- Stocks Are Likely To Drop On July 30 After Amazon’s Massive Guidance Miss
Stocks rose on July 29 despite a massive GDP miss, but that is likely to change after Amazon missed revenue estimates.
- Stocks Drop On July 27 And Could Be Heading Lower After Earnings Results
Stocks dropped on July 23 and earnings from the mega-caps appear to have not lived to impossible to beat expectations.
- Stocks Rise In The Land Of Make Believe As Asian Markets Falter
The S&P 500 rose on July 26 despite a rocky overnight session in Hong Kong.
- 8 Monster Stock Market And Earnings Predictions – The Week of July 26 Edition
The week of July 26, 2021, could prove to be a turning point for the stock market due to earnings and the Fed.
- The Stock Market Is In The Midst Of A Massive Transition
The stock market is starting to transition to a slower growth outlook.
- 5 Stocks That Indicate The Stock Market Is Ready To Fall
The stock market is overbought and these 5 stocks confirm that something is ready to give.
- The Stock Market Is Overextended And Needs To Correct
Stocks fell some on July 13 but not enough to get out of these overbought conditions.
- 8 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of July 12 Edition
The week of July 12 will be busy, with many stocks and indexes at overbought levels.
- Stocks Rise On July 1, And I Will Be Taking Some Time Off
Over the next two weeks, I will be taking some time off and also be getting surgery on my back. That means the Monster Market Commentary will be paused.
- Stocks Are Little Changed On June 29, But A Turnaround May Be Near
Stocks are up slightly on June 29, but volatility levels are rising sharply all over the place.
- The Stock Market Faces A Second Half Growth Problem
The equity market isn’t cheap, and growth rates are expected to drop dramatically in the second half of 2021.
- The Stock Market Is Once Again At The Upper End of the Range
Until we get past earnings season, the S&P 500 is likely to be stuck in a trading range.
- Stocks Drop As Fed Governor Signals Rate Hike in 2022
Stocks did nothing until the Fed’s Kaplan indicated the potential for a rate hike in 2022.
- Stocks Snap Back on June 22, At Least For One More Day
Stocks jumped again on June 22 from oversold levels.
- Stocks Drops As Bitcoin Tanks With The Potential For More Losses
Stocks finished sharply higher despite Bitcoin tanking, which could be on its way to 16,000.
- 6 MONSTER STOCK MARKET PREDICTIONS – THE WEEK OF JUNE 21 EDITION
The week of June 21 is likely to be another challenging week for investors, and bitcoin is likely to melt further.
- The Stock Market Will Be Unleashed On June 18
Tomorrow is quadruple witching, and that means the stock market will be unleashed, most likely after the opening.
- Stocks Drop On June 16 As The Fed Grows Less Dovish
Stocks dropped on June 16 as the Fed signal rates are coming sooner than expected.
- The Fed Will Be In The Spotlight on June 16
It was another slow day of trading, but that is likely to change on June 16 after the FOMC meeting.
- Stocks Are Saved By The Sound of The Bell As The Reflation Trade Is Crushed
Stocks were down most of the day but managed to rally in the final 20 minutes and appeared to be saved by the bell.
- 10 Monster Stock Market Predictions-Super Edition For The Week of June 14
Bond yields are likely to tell us exactly where stock prices are going from here.
- Inflation Has Likely Peaked As Rates Head Lower
Stocks finished the day higher as rates fell following the hotter than expected CPI data.
- The Ghost Of 2018 Threatens This Bull Market
The similarities with 2018 have suddenly developed, leaving one to wonder what happens next.
- The Bulls Are Stuck In The Dog Days of Summer As Stocks Stall Again
Uh a Bulldog, anyway, you get the point…
- Bitcoin May Be Ready To Melt As It Nears Another Massive Breaking Point
Bitcoin is trading a critical level of support and be very close to breaking down, again!
- 8 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of June 7 Edition
The week of June 7 may be crucial for the transportation and housing sectors.
- The Stock Market Faces Its Defining Moment On June 4
June 4 will be a critical moment for the stock market and may likely decide its path forward.
- The Reflation Trade Is Now At Risk As Transport Near Critical Support
Stocks went nowhere again on June 2 as key economic data lies ahead.
- Stocks Jump On June 1 and Then Fall Sharply
Stocks opened higher on June 1 but gave back those gains by the day’s end.
- 6 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The Week of June 1 Edition
The week of June 1 will be jam-packed, with just four trading days for the ISM PMIs and jobs data. It means there could be some extra volatility this week.
- It May Be Time For A Big Dollar Reversal Higher
The stock market is waiting for more economic data; in the meantime, the dollar is getting ready to race higher.
- Stocks Treading Water Ahead of Big Economic Data Releases
It was a quiet trading session for stocks, maybe a bit too quiet.
- Stocks Drop On Turnaround Tuesday As The Next Leg Lower May Have Begun
It was a turnaround Tuesday with the bulls unable to hold on to an early morning rally.
- Technology Stocks Lead The Market Higher On May 24, But It May Not Last
The mega-cap technology stocks led the market higher on May 24, but evidence suggests it doesn’t last.
- 7 Monster Stock Market Predictions – The May 24 Edition
Bitcoin has continued to meltdown this weekend, and it is setting up what could be a volatility week.