- The Chickens May Come Home To Roost For The Market
It seems that chicken wings and AI have a lot in common these days.
- The Stock Market Is King In The Land of The Bizarre
Stocks finished higher today chasing Nvidia higher all day long.
- Nvidia May Not Be Enough To Turn The Market’s Tide
Nvidia reported good results, but the question if they are good enough to move the stock above $750.
- Did The Market Just Top Out?
Options expiration has come an gone, and now it may be to ask if the market has topped out or not?
- Stocks Enter The Caution Zone
Stocks rallied on February 15 just ahead of the big PPI inflation and option expiration.
- Mechanical Bid Sends Stocks Higher on February 14, 2024
Stocks rose on February 14, as a mysterious bid came into the market late in the day.
- VIX Soars Sendings Stocks Lower Following Hotter Than Expected CPI Report
The VIX soars and bear roar following a hotter than expected January CPI report.
- Stocks Sink On February 12, 2024, As Implied Volatility Surges
Stocks saw a sharp intraday reversal as rising implied volatility levels finally caught up to rising stock prices.
- Can Nvidia Continue To Push The Stock Market Higher
Nvidia has been a big reason why the stock market has continued to push higher, the question is how much further.
- Surging Rates and A Strong Dollar May Finally Kill The Stock Market Rally
Rates and the dollar are showing indication of going sharply higher from current levels.
- Market Divergences Are Growing Insanely Wide
The divergence between stocks and just about everything at at point that something may be ready to give.
- Stocks Rally On February 6, 2024, Even As Regional Banks Drop
Stocks rose sharply on February 6, 2024 despite a big decline in New York Community Bank
- Nvidia Goes Supernova As Stocks Fall And Rates Rip
2/5/24 #Stocks – $NVDA #Macro – $SPX, $DXY, #RATES Mike’s Reading The Markets Macro Subscription Service on Seeking Alpha Some Recent Titles: Rates And The Dollar Move Higher Following ISM …
- Its Time For The Market To Turn The Page
It has taken the market a long time to get to this point, and it may be time to turn the page on volatility and the VIX.
- Stocks Rally On February 1, 2024 Ahead Of The January Jobs Report
Stocks finished the day higher one day ahead of the January job report.
- The Fed Is No Rush To Cut Rates, The Market May Not Like That
Rates cuts? You want rate cuts?
- It’s Never Enough For The Market
Earnings are coming into and it seems to be a case of it never being enough for Mr. Market.
- Stocks Rise During An Odd Monday Trading Session
Stocks rose on January 29, 2023 and so did the VIX and Implieds and odd day indeed.
- The Fed Will Not Be The Most Important Headline This Week
The biggest week of 2024 is already here for the stock market and treasury rates.
- Concern Grows Beneath The Surface Of The Market
Stocks finished the day higher, but implied volatility was higher too.
- Stocks Pump Then Dump Following A Horrible 5-Year Treasury Auction
Stocks pumped higher in the morning but gave it all back days end.
- Stocks, Rates, Dollar, and Spreads All Rise Ahead of Big Earnings Results
Stocks today, but stayed inside of yesterday’s trading range despite the rates, the dollar, and spreads all rising on January 24, 2024.
- Stocks Finish Higher As Bitcoin Slumps
Stocks started higher and then stalled out mid-day, while high yield credit spreads pushed higher.
- Earning Season Kicks-off With Netflix and Tesla The Week of January 22, 2024
Earnings season will move into high gear this week as both Tesla and Netflix post their quarterly results and the options market may have something to say about where the stocks go.
- 2023 Mott Capital Thematic Growth Composite Update
Markets were turbulent in 2023 while generally trending higher. A big summer rally was given back in weeks during October, followed by a fast rebound, which brought the S&P 500 …
- The Markets Moment Of Truth Comes Tomorrow
Tomorrow’s OPEX tomorrow will release the market to trade much more freely after tomorrow.
- The Stars May Finally Be In Alignment For The Markets Next Move
Stocks finished lower today, as the macro and the micro come into alignment.
- Stocks Finish Lower On January 16, 2024, As The VIX and The Yield Curve Rise Sharply
Stocks finished lower as the VIX, the dollar, and rates finished higher.
- January OPEX May Usher In Higher Volatility And A Reversal Of Market Trends
Supportive flows in the market may fade after this weeks options expiration.
- Things May Start To Get Really Interesting For The Stock Markets Next Week
Its a long 3-day weekend coming up, enjoy it.
- Rising Stocks and a Falling VIX Will Need To Combat A Potential Breakout in Rates
Stocks finished the day higher, as volatility was crushed ahead of the CPI report.
- Is China’s Market Sending A Warning Signal For Earnings Season?
Today we will take a look at China CSI 300 Index.
- The Magical Melting VIX Saves Stocks For Now
Stocks finished the day higher as implied volatility selling returned.
- An S&P 500 Return to 3,900 May Be In The Cards For 2024
The fundamentals and now the technicals seems to support a return to 3,900 in the S&P 500 if not lower in 2024 may be in the cards.
- Not Too Hot, Not Too Cold, The Jobs Report Needs To Be Just Right
1/4/24 #Stocks – #Macro – $SPX, #Rates Mike’s Reading The Markets Macro Subscription Service on Seeking Alpha Some Recent Titles: RTM: Big Job Report On Deck RTM: Next Live Session …
- Stocks Fall on January 3, 2024, As Winds Of Market Change Become Stronger
There was nothing to lift stocks into the bell today, and it showed.
- $7.3 Billion Reasons Why Stocks Are Saved by The Bell
Stocks were getting pounded all day, and it took a $7.3 billion buy imbalance to save the day.
- A Massive Week of Data May Bring A Big Surprise To Markets The Week of January 3, 2024
The bears may pounce on Goldilocks this week if the economic data doesn’t come in just right.
- The S&P 500 Is Stuck, But The Winds Of Market Change Are Blowing
December 29 has turned into a mini monthly OPEX.
- What Makes A Bear Turn Bull?
Stocks have been doing nothing, so I thought it was time to do something different.
- Stocks Grind Higher On December 26, 2023, As The VIX Melts
Stocks were grinding all day, while the VIX was melting.
- Stocks Rebound On December 21, 2023, But Fail To Impress
Stocks rebounded on December 21, 2023 but only to the 61.8% retracement level.
- Stocks Drop Sharply Following Vix Expiration on December 20, 2023
Stocks finished the day lower in an abrupt mid-day turn.
- Stocks Rises, as the VIX, Oil, Rates, and The Dollar Threaten to Kill The Rally
The circle of the market is never complete, and when it gets to one extreme is when it is likely to shift back to the other.
- S&P 500 Moves To Extremes Of Overbought Conditions
The last time this happened was in 2018 and the fall of 2020.
- The Stock Market Rally Has Been Built On Sand
Stocks have rallied and reached extremely stretched valuations despite earnings estimates falling.
- Stocks Ascend To The Summit Ahead of December OPEX
Stocks had a flattish day ahead of the big December Option Expiration
- The Fed Just Went All In
Either the Fed knows something or they just aren’t good at playing poker.
- Stocks Reach Overbought Levels Ahead of The Fed
The stocks reached overbought as Credit spreads reached oversold levels one day ahead of the December FOMC meeting.
- November CPI Report: Will It Make or Break the Stock Market Rally?
MICHAEL KRAMER AND THE CLIENTS OF MOTT CAPITAL OWN AAPL, MSFT, AMZN, AND GOOGL. Charts used with the permission of Bloomberg Finance L.P. This report contains independent commentary to be …
- Here’s What Could Rattle Markets The Week of December 11, 2023
This will be the capstone week of 2023
- Stocks Rally In Front of The November Job Report
Stocks rallied on December 7, 2023, in front of the November job report
- Stocks Drop On December 6, 2023, As Growth Concerns Surface
Stocks dropped as oil and copper tanked on December 6, 2023.
- Stocks Finish Flat, But The Smell of Fear Was In The Air
Stock fell slightly on December 5, 2023, but risk-off was the air.
- Stocks Drop On December 4, 2023
Growth appears to fading as investor rotate into value names.
- 6.5 Billion Reasons Stocks Surged On November 30, 2023
Stocks rally was driven by an a large end of day imbalance.
- Stocks Give Back Big Gains On November 29, 2023
Stocks finish the day lower despite a hot start on November 29, 2023.
- Stocks Have No Juice As The 2-Year Rate Plunges On November 28, 2023
The 2-year rate fell by 15 bps on November 28, following weaker than expected German CPI data
- Stocks Drop On November 27, 2023, As The Rally Stalls Out
Stocks fell slightly on Monday November 27, 2023 as momentum appear to be fading.
- Stocks May Be Ready To Give Back November Gains As Financial Conditions Ease Too Much
It may be time for the Fed to push back on the recent easing of financial conditions with Powell due to speak on December 1.
- Stocks Stall On November 21, 2023, As Systematic Flows Abate
Stocks stalled out on November 21, 2023 as the systematic flows abate.
- Stocks Rally On November 20, 2023 Ahead of The Fed Minutes And Nvidia’s Results
Stocks rallied on November 20, 2023 ahead of the Fed Minutes and Nvidia quarterly results.
- Nvidia’s Results Are More Important Than Most Investors Want To Believe
The bulls option flow may be what undoes Nvidia’s results.
- Stocks Are Weaker Than They Appear Ahead Of November OPEX
Stocks finished higher on November 16, 2023, but they were weaker then they appeared to be.
- Stocks Stall As Yield Curve Normalization Process Takes Another Step Forward
Stocks stalled on November 15, as the yield curve continues to show signs of normalization.
- Stocks Advance As Rates Plunge Following A Soft CPI Report
Stocks rallied on November 14, 2023 as CPI and CORE CPI came in softer than expected.
- The Stage Is Set For The Big CPI Report On November 14, 2023
Tomorrow’s CPI report could reshape the narrative around the inflation debate.
- The CPI and OPEX Will Drive The Stock Market The Week of November 13, 2023
Between OPEX and Tuesday’s CPI report, the week of November 13, 2023 will be a busy one for the stock market.
- Stocks Plunge Following A Horrific 30-Year Bond Auction
Stocks fell sharply after the 30-year Treasury auction had horrific results.
- Stocks Stall As Options Positioning Puts Ceiling In Place
Stocks stall again as the 4,400 call wall remains firm.
- Disconnects Between Stocks, Bonds, The Dollar, and Vol Widen
Stocks finished the day higher, but seem contained as long as the call wall remains.
- It Is Fantasy Time In The Land Of The Stock Market
Stocks finished flat on November 6, 2023 as we head into a busy week of Treasury Issuance, as investors see nothing but blue skies ahead.
- Will The Stock Market Rally Survive This Week’s Treasury Auctions?
It will be a week to watch the 1PM ET time slot.
- Stocks Mount Third Rally of 4% Or More Over 4 Days Since Mid July
Stocks rallied and now up about 5% since Friday.
- Mechanical Volatility Melt Sends Stocks Higher On November 1, 2023
Stocks rose on November 1, 2023 after the FOMC meeting as implied volatility melted as it usually does after these meetings.
- Stocks May Be Ready To Take Their Next Leg Lower Amid Higher Rates And A Stronger Dollar
Stocks rally on October 31, ahead of a big day of announcements.
- Stocks Advance Ahead Of A Big Week of Newsflow
The newsflow kicks off tonight with the BOJ.
- This Week’s Data Dump May Lead To More Stock Market Pain
Stocks are finally repricing for a higher rate world.
- Stock May Underperform Bonds Going Forward
The stock markets outperformance over bonds may be due for a harsh dose of reality.
- Stocks May Have Even Further To Drop, With More Rate Volatility To Come
Stocks tumble as rates soar.
- The Magnificent 7 May Be In Serious Trouble
The magnificent 7 may be in serious trouble as a group as triple top falls to support.
- Stocks Drop As Powell Delivers Vague Message On The Future Path Of Monetary Policy
Stocks dropped sharply on October 19, 2023 as Jay Powell deliver a vague message on the future path of policy.
- Too Much To Handle For Stocks As Rates Continue To Rise
Stocks were roasted on October 18, 2023, as rates continue to push higher and are now approaching 5% on the long-end of the curve.
- Rising Rates Put Stocks On Roller Coaster Ride October 17, 2023
Stocks were down, they were up, then down, and then flat as rates went up all day long.
- Stocks and Bonds Go Their Separate Ways On October 16, 2023
Stocks went up, and bonds went down on October 16, 2023, but it’s a trend that probably won’t last.
- Jay Powell And A 20-Year Treasury Auction Are Likely To Stir Market Volatility The Week of October 16, 2023
There won’t be much economic data this week, but Jay Powell will speak, and there will be a 20-year Treasury Auction.
- Stocks Plunge As Rates Soar Following A Weak Treasury Auction on October 12, 2023
Stocks took a big turn lower around 1PM ET when the 30-year Treasury auction posted weak results.
- Stocks Rally Ahead Of The September CPI Report
Stocks moved higher ahead of the September CPI report.
- Stocks Advance On October 10, 2023, But Fail At Key Resistance
Stocks rallied on October 10, 2023, but gave back a bunch of those gains after a weak Treasury auction.
- Mechanical Forces That Saved Stocks Following Jobs Report Is Not Likely To Last
Stocks were saved by the mechanical unwind of implied volatility following the job report.
- Stocks May Fall Further With More Yield Curve Steepening Ahead
Markets paused ahead of the big jobs report, but that isn’t like to change much if the yield curve continues to steepen.
- Stocks Rally And Rates Drop But Trends Remain In Place
Stocks rallied on October 4 as rates fall, but very little if anything actually changed.
- Stocks Finally Break On October 3, 2023, As The 30-Year Rate Nears 5%
The S&P 500 fell sharply on October 3, 2023 and took the summer rally with it.
- Rates Continue To Move Higher
Rates continued to move higher on October 2, and the dollar did too, while the S&P 500 managed to finish flat.
- It’s A Steepening Yield Curve That Investors Should Be Worried About, And It’s Happening Now
It isn’t when the yield curve inverts that one should worry, it is when it steepens.
- Stocks Jump Higher On September 28 Despite Rising Inflation Expectations
Stocks jumped higher on September 28, 2023 as rates finally stopped rising, at least for now.
- Stocks Bounce Around On September 27 As Rate and Oil Surge, Again!
Stocks bounced around September 27, 2023 and rates and oil continued to surge.
- Stocks Plunge on September 26, 2023, As Rates Climb Even Higher
30-year rates continued to climb on September 26, 2023, as the stock market summer gains melted away.
- Rates Soar To New Heights on September 25, 2023
10 and 30-year Treasury rates rip to new highs on September 25, 2023 while the options crowd pushed stocks higher.
- The Stock Market Decline May Not Be Over As Credit Spreads Begin To Widen
Stocks experienced a significant decline last week, and the situation remains precarious as credit spreads are anticipated to broaden even more.